Starfish: one of the best known echinoderms
The echinoderms are marine animals. Most species have free life and radial symmetry.
Best known examples of Echinoderms:
- Starfish. There are over 1500 species that inhabit all oceans of the planet.
- Ofiúros. There are more than 1,200 species inhabiting all oceans. Most of the jellyfish live below 500 meters.
- Snake stars or basket stars. Present in all marine habitats.
- Sea urchins,
- Hearts of the sea
- Sea Crackers
- Sea cucumbers. There are about 900 species
- Sea lilies. About 600 species have already been cataloged. They live at great depths and on coral reefs.